Saturday, October 22, 2016

NEW Peachy Keen Stamps release "Spinner Card"


Hello! I hope you're ready for some serious cuteness! :) PeachyKeenStamps has a new release with lots of new faces, and some really fun dies as well. I used the new faces and dies to create a super fun, and EASY, spinner card. Above is the face flipped one way, and here is the other...

And here is a little photo tutorial showing how easy it is to do. You can click on the photo to enlarge it for a closer look. 


1. I used the largest circle in the Nested Ornaments: Ball dies to create the opening for the spinner. I have the card pictured closed, but be sure to open it so you don't cut through the back of your card. ;) 

2. I cut the smallest circle from the new Nested Ornaments: Ball dies and colored it very quickly with BG10 and BG11 around the edges. I then scribbled over that with the zero marker to blend it out. Then I stamped the faces {a different one for each side} with the new 1 1/8 Candy Cane Face set. I colored in the nose, and gave them cheeks. Then I used clear thread {Michaels} and sandwiched it between two circles to make the spinner. Be sure to use super strong adhesive. Then place the face in the middle of the circle, and adhere with strong tape at top and bottom. Finally, adhere the front panel over top of the clear thread. Super easy! :) 

3. This is the face on one side of the circle.

4. And this is the other side of the circle. Turn it round and round a bunch of times, and then it will spin when the card is opened! 


Click HERE to see a little video clip of this card in action! 


Pop over to PeachyKeenStamps to shop the new release! 

♥ Nikki ♥ 

p.s. I forgot to mention that I used the Mad For Plaid set by MyCreativeTime to stamp the background panels. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Nikki, your card is adorable!! I love opening your blog email each day! Thanks for sharing your talent w/us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card...so much fun! I love the plaid background and great tutorial/video in action! Love it :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!