Tuesday, May 26, 2015

MCT Fave Die of the Month

Hello! It's Fave Die Of The Month day again at MyCreativeTime. This month we are featuring the Stitched Message Bubbles Dies. I cut the bubble out of white cardstock, and colored it with my Copics to match my bird. I stamped the bird from the Tweet Me set and colored him with my Copics. I used the Tweet Me Dies to cut out the bird and the branch, which I also colored with Copics. Here's a TIP for using the coordinating dies to cut out images....I use the die to cut out a scrap piece of cardstock, and then I line up the negative space over the image and pop the die in the negative. I use some washi tape to hold it in place while I run it through my machine. I do this because off kilter/uneven images really bum me out. :) I finished the card off with some wink of stella, sequins, and glossy accents. 

Pop over to MyCreativeTime to see more creations!

♥ Nikki ♥ 

Copics Used
Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y13
B000, B00, B01, B02
YG06, YG23
E31, E33, E35 

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW Miss Nikki Your card is so Tweet!! OMG Love how you colored your birdie and the hello....WOW you really did one super coloring job. Love the ways you've used Miss Emma's goodies. YOU totally ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! I love your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is amazing...like you have been doing it for years and not just a newbie at it! I like the matching hello idea...so pretty. Great die cutting tip...now I will make a negative for my dies...this works perfectly because wonky cuts make me uneasy!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!