Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fun with distress stains

Hiya! I made these two cards in a jiffy this afternoon. I used shabby shutters, crushed olive, and broken china distress stains to make my backgrounds. I just put my paper in a box {to avoid a huge mess} and dabbed the distress stains to make these cool splotches. 
The sentiment is from the Believing Butterfly set from MarketStreetStamps. Sadly, MarketStreetStamps will be closing up shop on the 30th. Sniffle. HOWEVER, their remaining stamps are on super clearance! SCORE! So pop over and grab some awesome stamps at killer prices! And here's another super quick card...
I did the same thing for the background. This technique is really easy and fun! :) For this one, I added the sentiment from Believing Butterfly on some vellum. 
I finished it off with some sequins and gems. :)

Enabling Alert! In addition to awesome deals at MarketStreetStamps... you can get your paws on distress stains at awesome prices at Blitsy right now! Also, they have the entire set of distress markers on sale for crazy cheap too! If you sign up for Blitsy through my link HERE {it's free}...I will earn money towards a future purchase, and then you can too! YAY! Win win! :) 


Happy Creating!
♥ Nikki ♥ 

p.s. I do hope you'll join in on the fun over at the Peachy Keen Connection at 7pm EST tonight!!! It's RELEASE PARTY TIME!!! Yay! 








2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun technique! I like the vellum and the punched butterflies from the paper you created is a great idea.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool...love the background technique!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!